Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Sun'll Come Up Tomorrow...

"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any." Alice Walker

A dreadful thing happened on November 2...we set our clocks back an hour. This really messes with my sleep but now, instead of going to work in the dark, I get see the sun rise on my way to work...and I have not been disappointed.

I have been looking for the silver lining with this dark cloud of election results...I have found it.

First of all, I am thankful to live in a country where I get the opportunity to select my leaders and representatives. I am also very thankful that "regime change" takes place in this awesome country without violence. There aren't many countries in the world this can happen!

The election results were reported, the sun rose, and I am able to voice my opinion about that! Again, an awesome freedom we enjoy and probably take for granted. We have the right to voice our opinion about our government.

But the silver lining is that this is a tremendous growth opportunity for me. I am challenged to become even more involved in this great Republic, to research more, to discern more, to discuss more, to be more accountable in my own opinions, and to even help others become more involved and almost with a sense of urgency. Perhaps many Christians who have sat complacently by in times past will now be challenged to step forward and take on the challenge of government and "that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." (Lincoln)

Also posted on Del Tackett's blog Truth Observed (www.deltackett.com)

No comments: